Visions of Louie was a great success and showed us that captivating images can evoke emotion on a broad spectrum. I donate a lot of my time to Labrador Friends of the South, based out of Georgia and one of the greatest joys I have is being able to give my time to them. BUT for me it does not stop there. Responsible rescues are vital to saving Labrador Lives so I have a special place in my heart for all of them. This is why I think it is important to have a showcase like this.
This will be a very important Picture Showcase to me so it will have to have requirements for the images. You might ask why requirements? Well if you saw VISIONS OF LOUIE, you will see that I use a very large story board. This board requires large images for them to be displayed dynamically. Not only that, but as you may have seen from Visions of Louie is that the images were breathtaking and captured the essence of the lab. I understand that we are all not professional photographers, but like Realtors, we all know someone that is or that does it. You can even reach out to some local pet photographers that could do some Pro Bono.
I would love to be able to have every photo submitted in the Showcase, but unfortunately that is not feasible. So please understand.
With that here are the requirements:
- Images must be at least 2048 x 1283. Bigger is always better.
- Images need to be dynamic and unique. Refer to VISIONS OF LOUIE
- You must have permission to use the images. I rather not have to deal with any legal issues.
- If a professional photographer does free work, their images can not have their logo on it. Credit and link to them will be given in the description of the photo.
- Pictures can be of Alumni or currently Available Labs.
- All images must be submitted by 7/28/2012
- You will be asked to give a small story about the rescue for the caption.
- Your rescue w/link will be in the description as well as the epilogue.
- All listed rescues will have a donation link directly to your Rescues Paypal. So you will need to be able to send me a button.
So that is it. If anything changes I will send out an update.
If this is something you would be interested in you can submit your images now.
So reach out to your lab rescue community and let see those beautiful pictures.